The LEAF Project
A robotics project using artificial intelligence and vision
The objective is to develop a robot platform that supports experiments with Artificial Intelligence, vision, navigation etc.
Meet Leaf, a short movie (1 MB)
The microcontroller board is designed to provide a pretty general set of capabilities. Most of these can be configured in software and/or by patch wires on the controller board.
The software is designed to accept commands from a laptop or other PC and to return data to the PC over the USB bus.
Stock capabilities are:
(2) Motor Drives (drive either H bridge or RC motor controller)
(3) Quadrature encoder inputs (only 2 are implemented in current software)
(8) 0 to 5 vdc analog inputs (e.g.Sharp GP2D12 IR range sensors)
(7) RC servos or Sonar (SRF04 or Polaroid) or any combination of servos and sonars)>br>
(1) SPI (not implemented in software)
(1) IIC (programmed for Devantech compass)
(12) bits of DIO (discrete bit input/output)
Battery voltage reading (internal)
Dual axis accelerometer (internal)
Yaw rate gyro (internal)
Reset switch (internal with external option)
Power on light (external option)
USB interface to PC
Powered by 12 volts battery, runs on about 9 to 16 volts.
(4) Analog input
(7) Discrete I/O bits
This is an open source project. Use of existing software is limited to that which is commonly available or free. All new-development robot software is open source, free and fully documented. Hardware designs are either fully documented or have enough information and advice for a builder to develop their own compatible designs.
The LEAF Project
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 18 September, 2011.